With football season approaching, Riunite kicks off its second annual Ultimate Chili Challenge – a nationwide chili cook-off, culminating in a Grand Prize trip to the Big Game in Phoenix, February 2015. Home cooks around the country are spicing up their recipes alongside bottles of Riunite to create the best chili & Lambrusco pairing. With its fresh raspberry/strawberry notes and refreshing spritz, chilled Riunite Lambrusco is an ideal match for a variety of casual tailgating foods, including spicy dishes like chili.
Chili champion hopefuls are invited to submit their recipes online at www.riunitetailgate.com by September 20, 2014 or by mail, postmarked by September 22, 2014. Fans can follow the fiery competition on Riunite’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
Grand Prize winners and (1) guest will receive a trip to the Super Bowl including (1) double occupancy room for (3) nights at a deluxe hotel in Arizona, roundtrip economy-class airfare (where necessary), (2) upper level end zone game tickets to the big game, pre-game hospitality, $250 pre-paid gift card, deluxe gift bag, travel wallet, itinerary and coordination of pre-event details. More details about the contest are below.
Additionally, Riunite has teamed up with winning partners, Del Monte Tomatoes and Louisiana Hot Sauce, to help fans bring home all the perfect ingredients from their grocery store. Shoppers can find coupon offers on bottles of Riunite for up to $4 off of Riunite and partner products.
Joining in the fun, select bloggers and journalists are soon receiving special packages with Riunite samples, their own chef’s hat, wooden spoons, and mini-footballs. Stay tuned for their reviews and recipe inspirations!
Don’t forget to enter by September 20: http://www.riunitetailgate.com/enter.php.
- Submit your best chili recipe at Riunitetailgate.com or by mail to enter to WIN THE GRAND PRIZE!
- Top 5 best recipes in each region (40 total contestants) will be invited to a Regional Chili Cook-Off at a football game/stadium. Judging criteria for selection of 40 semi-finalists are Originality (33.3%), Perceived Taste Appeal (33.3%) and Perceived Pairing With Riunite Lambrusco (33.3%).
Hotel accommodations, 2 tickets to the regional game, airfare for anyone traveling over 200 miles or gas allowance for anyone within 200 miles of locale.
- Winner of each regional contest (8 regions) goes to final.
All expense paid for final event – travel and hotel paid for, plus 2 tickets to the game on 11/23/14.
- All participants will receive $100 gift card to buy chili ingredients.
- All other entrants not selected to participate in the Chili Cook-Off events will be given a second prize/giveaway item.
- Online entry deadline: 9/20/14. Mail In Deadline is postmarked by 9/20/14 and received by 9/22/14. Partners
REGIONAL CHILI COOK-OFFS
SEPTEMBER 28TH – Dallas (vs. New Orleans)
OCTOBER 5TH – New Orleans (vs. Tampa Bay)
OCTOBER 12TH – New York Jets (vs. Broncos)
OCTOBER 19TH – Baltimore (vs. Atlanta)
OCTOBER 26TH – Jacksonville (vs. Miami)
NOVEMBER 2ND – Cincinnati (vs. Jacksonville)
NOVEMBER 9TH – Seattle (vs. New York Giants)
NOVEMBER 16TH – Arizona (vs. Detroit)
NOVEMBER 23RD – San Diego (vs. St. Louis)
Rebecca fell in love with wine — Castello Banfi Brunello in particular — on a cliché semester abroad in Italy. A Texas native, she has traveled to wine regions throughout France, as well as to Portugal, South Africa, and across the U.S. In addition to earning a BA from Duke University (Go Blue Devils!) and an MBA from Columbia Business School, Rebecca holds an Advanced with Merit certification from the WSET and was a founding contributor of the popular wine industry blog Terroirist.