The 23rd Annual Texas Chili Cook-Off takes place in NYC’s Hudson River Park (Pier 84) on Saturday, May 16th from 12:00-5:00pm. Riunite Lambrusco, this year’s official wine sponsor, will be serving up chilled glasses of Lambrusco all afternoon – a perfect match to the chili dishes entered by both amateur and area-restaurant teams.
Tickets to the Chili Cook-off include all-you-can-eat chili (while it lasts!) along with Riunite Lambrusco and Shiner Bock Beer. The event benefits Texas Exes – New York Chapter’s scholarship efforts and is the organization’s largest fundraising event annually. Attendance this year is expected to be around 2,000 people.
Judges of the Texas Chili Cook-off 2015 include:
- Christine Byrne – Associate Food Editor, Buzzfeed
- Dan Delaney – Owner / Pitmaster, Delaney BBQ
- David Blend – Editor, Thrillist.com
- Eli Cohn-Wein – General Manager, Bark Hot Dogs
- Jamey Poole – Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
- Lisa Fain – Author, Homesick Texan and Owner, El Original Tex Mex
- Nell Casey – Food Editor, Gothamist
- Quino Baca – Chef/Owner, The Brooklyn Star
- Siobhan Wallace – Author, Blondie & Brown
Last call tickets are available here while they last!
Rebecca fell in love with wine — Castello Banfi Brunello in particular — on a cliché semester abroad in Italy. A Texas native, she has traveled to wine regions throughout France, as well as to Portugal, South Africa, and across the U.S. In addition to earning a BA from Duke University (Go Blue Devils!) and an MBA from Columbia Business School, Rebecca holds an Advanced with Merit certification from the WSET and was a founding contributor of the popular wine industry blog Terroirist.