To introduce the 2011 vintage of Brunello di Montalcino and 2010 Brunello di Montalcino Riservas, Banfi Vintners co-CEO Cristina Mariani-May traveled around the USA, telling the story of Castello Banfi and offering first tastes of not only the Brunelli but also “ASKA” Bolgheri Rosso, “La Pettegola” Vermentino, Fonte alla Selva Chianti Classico, and Poggio alle Mura Grappa.
In addition to tasting the new wines, Cristina many aspects of the Castello Banfi estate, including:
- Banfi’s Sangiovese clonal research
- Sustainability methods practiced at Castello Banfi
- The various soil types on the estate, and how they affect wine
- History of wine in Montalcino
- Barrel production, including seasoning and toasting
- Hospitality at Il Borgo, Banfi’s luxury boutique hotel
Below are the slides Cristina referred to during her presentation. Feel free to clip slides for your own use, or download the entire PowerPoint.
Joe Janish is Director of Public Relations for Banfi Vintners, a Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW), and a veteran of the wine industry for over 20 years. He launched one of the first wine blogs back in 1997, the now-defunct “Wine Dictator,” and cut his teeth on his grandfather’s homemade wine. He still keeps a copy of Wine for Dummies nearby for reference.